Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Mommy Blog - Reach Any Goal!


How many times do we list reasons why we haven't done something, then say, “I know they're just excuses, but.....”

Well, my challenge to myself, and you, is to choose one “excuse” that you have, no matter what area of your life, and rewrite your story.

What does that mean? To me it means that I have to wipe that excuse out of my vocabulary. It is no longer an option to use it as a reason why I didn't accomplish a task or move forward towards a goal. You take control. Take what you can control and if the outcome is really a priority for you, you can make it happen.

For example, you might say, “I work long hours so I can't find time for exercise”. Rewrite the story: “Even with my long hours, I can make time to exercise, by getting up just 15 minutes earlier each day.” The positive change here IS bigger than the “excuse”. Try to visualize about the present, not the future, in a positive way. For example, “I am or can do this,” not “I don’t want to be that”, or “I can't do that.”

The more we share an excuse, I believe we really internalize it. Often it starts out as a small hurdle. As we keep using that excuse more, that hurdle appears to become taller and taller. When in reality, it's our perception that has become skewed.

I am going to “rewrite my story” as to why I don't accomplish my personal study each day. No longer will I say, “I haven't done it because I am too tired after my workouts, and the baby wakes up to eat.” My new story is, “I will do my personal study by reading, while feeding the baby.” I have to do it while everyone is asleep or it doesn't happen.

Ok, now it's your turn. Overall health and wellness is not just eating and exercise, it's spiritual, mental, and emotional as well. So what excuse do you need to wipe from your vocabulary? How are you going to rewrite your story?

And just for fun... a play on words... no more “egg-scuses”. Here is how to boil the perfect egg, no gray around the edges, and easy to peel:

How to boil the perfect egg

1. Place your eggs in a pot of cold water and cover completely. Add a pinch of salt and a tsp. of oil (this will help when peeling your eggs).

2. Bring water to a boil, and boil for ten minutes.

3. Remove pot from heat, dump out hot water, and fill with cold water. Let sit for a few minutes.

4. Shell your eggs.





No comments:

Post a Comment