You can help make the world more environmentally friendly by doing small steps that reduce your personal carbon footprint.
- Switch to Compact Fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs).
- Shop with reusable grocery bags. Most stores sell them at low prices.
- Go paperless- Start doing more things online. Have stores send you receipts and pay your bills electronically. Stop getting the newspaper and read online instead.
- Use cloth dish towels to clean your kitchen instead of paper towels.
- Shop and eat at local restaurants and stores. Products are generally delivered locally, saving fuel and energy. Plus, the food is usually more fresh and delicious.
- Use rechargeable batteries.
- Take your own mug to coffee shops. Many shops give discounts for bringing your own cup.
- Wash your clothes in cold water. It saves on energy it takes to heat the water up.
If everyone made these simple changes, imagine the energy and resources our communities could eventually save.