Bananas are easily recognized by their shape and bright yellow color. However, most people don’t know that they contain more vitamins than an apple and have numerous amounts of health benefits. Here are some of the things that bananas can do for you:
- Bananas are packed with natural sugars, which can provide an instant energy boost. Instead of going for the energy drink, grab a banana instead.
- They help prevent high blood pressure. Bananas are full of potassium, which is an agent that helps reduce blood pressure.
- Bananas create Tryptophan. Tryptophan converts into serotonin and causes relaxation. Eating bananas will literally put you in a better mood.
- They act as a natural antacid and can help relieve heartburn.
- Bananas can help regulate glucose levels and can replace pills that relieve menstrual cramps.
- Potassium helps your brain focus more and cause you to be more alert.
- Bananas…or fruit in general is shown to help maintain healthy vision.