How many hours do you spend sitting hunched over a computer, cell phone, or tablet?
How much time do you spend surfing the web, texting, watching TV and movies, playing video games, checking Facebook, or reading news articles? If you are spending all your time or the majority of your time participating in the items listed above then technology is affecting your health in a negative way. We live in a world of convenience. Isn’t it great that we don’t have to spend excessive amounts of time hand washing our clothes and dishes? Staying active in a world full of technology can be challenging but not impossible! Technology has made our lives comfortable but let’s not get too comfortable.
Get up and do something that will benefit your health with the amazing technology that we have. A few ways you can use technology to benefit your health:
- Purchase a pedometer to track your steps. Most health organizations
recommend getting a minimum of 10,000 steps each day; this is
equivalent to about four miles depending on the length or your stride.
- Find a good calorie tracking website. Feel free to check out the calorie
tracking websites below:
- Call your Orriant health coach and track your goals online!
- Try using a stationary bike, treadmill, elliptical, hand weights, resistance bands, or other equipment that makes exercising fun for you.
- Find a fun yoga DVD or other work out video. If you aren’t sure what kind of exercise you like, try checking out a couple styles of exercise DVDs from your local library.
- Listen to a book on tape or some music while you workout. The time will fly!