Healthy Cheese Sticks
- 1 head of cauliflower, “riced” (see below)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ tsp. dried Italian herb seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pan with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray.
2. To “rice” the cauliflower, shred raw cauliflower with a cheese grater or pulse in a food
processor until chopped into pieces resembling grains of rice. Place the riced cauliflower into a
microwavable bowl (without water) and microwave until softened, usually about 5 minutes.
3. Heat the oil in a small skillet over low heat and add garlic until softened. When cauliflower is softened, add the garlic
mixture, lightly beaten egg white, Italian seasoning, and most of the mozzarella. Stir and mix well, then spread onto your
4. Bake until it starts to turn golden brown, usually about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip over and add the
remaining cheese and sprinkle more of the Italian herb seasoning. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is
melted and golden.
5. Cool and cut into pieces and serve warm with warmed marinara sauce.