- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 3/4 cup snow peas, sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp, thawed
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, toss the snow peas, sprouts, basil, oil, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the coconut milk, curry paste, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and simmer, stirring occasionally, until they are opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Top the rice with the shrimp and curry sauce, then the snow pea mixture. Serve with the lime wedges, if desired.