Thursday, March 12, 2015

Moving Forward




As my life has seen many changes in the last 6 months, I’ve found myself feeling like I’m holding status quo or the only thing I’m not failing at is failing! It feels as if every area of life is changing and I need to SPRINT to keep up, but I’m just trotting along!

Have you ever felt this way? Like forward progression has halted and you’re unsure where you’re headed? I know that I’m not failing; on the other hand, I’m not feeling very successful.

The other day I read a quote that said that changes are often subtle and imperceptible, and those that live in the past don’t have much future.

Each time we think or commit to do better, we have progressed! I’m slowly realizing that sometimes you have to come back to “status quo” to start moving forward again. You also have to let go of the past!  Forward progression comes in cycles and often looks a lot like a roller coaster: highs and lows, fast and slow, moments of exhilaration and excitement, and other times holding back due to fear of what is coming ahead. Once you make it through the ride one might say “that wasn’t so bad” or even “let’s do it again”. It’s the initial step of commitment, of buckling the seat belt, that’s hard. So let’s do it together and start Moving Forward!!!

Here’s my plan to begin moving forward again and challenge you to JOIN ME.
We are going to:
a)     Pick AT LEAST one area that we would like to progress in.
b)     Identify triggers or cues that lead to the behavior you want to change.
c)      List one way you plan to move forward in that area each day(routine).
d)     Finally, set a follow up date to check on our status(plan).
e)     KEY: Make sure it is feasible for you and not so drastic that’ll you’ll stop after a few days or even a week. Change takes time, patience, and multiple attempts! Make it so easy it’s hard to NOT do it!

I’ve found with this stressful time and admittedly decreased “caring”; I’ve not been as attentive to what I put in my mouth. In the past when I was more cautious I had improved mood, increased energy, and better weight management.

A)    Healthier eating: specifically decreasing sugar intake
B)    I eat sugar when I am stressed or at night after the kids have gone to bed(social eating with my husband).
C)     I will fill my water bottle each morning and brush my teeth with the kids each night.
D)    In one month we’ll address Moving Forward again and build upon improving the routine (step C)

If you feel comfortable I’d love to hear what you’re working on, what’s working for you, and any other input! Leave in the Comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment