Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Ron's Marathon Journal - Feeling Closer to Race Ready

Wheeler Machinery employee and Orriant participant, Ron Fehr, gives you a peek into his training and progress as the Boston Marathon gets closer.

February has been a great month of training and I’m beginning to feel close to marathon shape.  In March, I’ll be running the Canyonland’s Half Marathon, which will be a great training run to see where my fitness level is for Boston.  I am excited and am loving the great Spring running days the past week or so.  I’ve been running twice a day, on my lunch break and when I get home from work.  It is the best way for me to log more miles.  From here on out, I will be spending more time working on increasing my speed by interval training, mile repeats, hill sprints, and tempo runs.  I hope everyone is living healthy and happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment