Note: This recipe requires a food processor.
- 1½ cup raw or roasted almonds (or any nut will do)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup dried apricots (dried fruits like cherries, cranberries, or dehydrated apples work as well!)
- 1 pinch sea salt:
- Optional add-ins include: lemon zest, lime zest, nut butter, or cocoa powder
1. Line an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish with parchment or wax paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the almonds until they are chopped (stop just before they start turning into nut butter). Pour them into a bowl.
3. Process the pitted dates, dried apricots, and sea salt until the dried fruits are mashed into a paste. They may try to ball up in the processor, in which case you’ll want to stop and break up the mixture with a spoon before continuing.
4. Break up the fruit mixture and add the nuts to the food processor. Process until the chopped nuts are incorporated evenly into the fruit mixture. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish, and use your hands to press it into an even layer.
5. Chill the baking dish in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, then use a sharp knife to cut the fruit and nut blend into squares or bars. Wrap each bar tightly for individual servings.